The Science Educator, official journal of The National Science Education Leadership Association (NSELA), is a refereed journal which seeks manuscripts dealing with topics and issues of interest to professionals involved in science education leadership across a variety of roles, institutions and agencies. The journal is published bi-annually. The journal serves as a vehicle for the exchange of information on current theory, research and teaching/learning applications. Articles by both researchers and practitioners are encouraged. Generally articles are sought that aid researchers and practitioners in making informed decisions to improve science teaching and learning. Of particular interest are topics that deal with science education reform, science education leadership, preservice and inservice teacher enhancement/professional development, teaching and learning, needs assessment, research and evaluation, and policies and practices.
EBSCO Premier, ERIC System Database, ProQuest, and ERA Database
Science Educator Subscription Information
The Science Educator is available to members only. Join now with annual dues of $60 to receive subscriptions to the Science Educator.
Instructions to Authors
To have a manuscript considered for publication, please review the guidelines below:
- All manuscripts should be submitted electronically as Word documents to the editors, Dr. Robert Tai and Dr. Frackson Mumba, at ScienceEducator@eservices.virginia.edu. Authors should strive to hold articles to approximately 5000 words. The editor is aware that articles describing the results of some research methodologies, particularly qualitative studies, may need to exceed this word count recommendation.
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced. Figures, tables and pictures must be submitted in camera ready condition. Tables should be on separate pages at the end of the manuscript.
- The first page of the manuscript should contain the article title, author's name, affiliation and address to which correspondence and proofs should be sent. The author should not place his/her name on the other manuscript pages so that anonymity can be maintained during the review process.
- Articles should follow the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (Sixth Edition).
- References cited in the manuscript should be listed at the end of the manuscript. Provide accurate and complete information following the style of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (Sixth Edition). Manuscripts in other styles will be returned to authors.
- Authors who are not members of the National Science Leadership Association (NSELA) will be assessed a publication fee of $60 per article. Non members may avoid this charge by joining NSELA prior to their manuscripts being published. Membership dues are $60.
- Receipt of manuscripts will be acknowledged. All submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by at least three members of the Editorial Board. Authors will be notified by the Editor regarding the recommendation on publication of the manuscript. Transfer of the author's copyright to the National Science Education Leadership Association is a condition for publication.